Law and Artificial Intelligence
Henrique Mário Nunes Sousa Antunes
- Ana Filipa dos Santos Morais Antunes
- Ana Maria Pinheiro Cruz Taveira da Fonseca
- Elsa Rodrigues de Oliveira Vaz de Sequeira Pereira da Silva
- Filipa Urbano Calvão
- Jorge Manuel Pereira da Silva
- Patrícia Helena Nunes Fragoso Martins
- Pedro Maia Garcia Marques
- Pedro Miguel Fernandes Freitas
- Sandra Flávia Correia Batista Tavares
- Tito Filipe Bugia Rendas
Fellows (Ph.D. Students)
- Aua Balde
- Cláudio Simão De Lucena Neto
- Helena Prata Garrido Ferreira
- Isabel Teixeira Duarte
The Research Group on Law and Artificial Intelligence was launched in 2018.
Its goals are to be a leading, multidisciplinary and innovative research group that will play a significant role in the juridical revolution that has been triggered by technological advances. Taking into consideration the European Horizon 2020 agenda, there will be six strategic areas of research.:
1 – The challenges posed by the development of artificial intelligence to civil law, specifically in terms of juridical personality, contracts and civil liability.
2 – The challenges of artificial intelligence to privacy.
3 – Artificial intelligence and mobility (such as the automatization of driving, the autonomy of land and maritime vehicles, communication among vehicles, the launching of single-person aircraft and the development of other remotely flown aircraft).
4 – The challenges of artificial intelligence to employment law, to the right to social security and to tax law.
5 – The challenges of artificial intelligence to reforming the State.
6 – The challenges of artificial intelligence to urban planning.